Poem I read my sentence steadily; Reviewed it with my eyes; To see that I made a mistake; In extreme way. The date and manner of shame; And then the pious form That God have mercy on my soul The jury voted her. I made my soul familiar With her extremity, That at the […]
This poem was written by one of our non-custodial sentencing clients about the NICRO social worker who worked with him. Grammar and spelling remains unedited. Goodmorning Poem for some one dear at heart She is a lady fair She gives hope where none seems to bloom She inspires friend […]
This is our NICRO Newsletter 2012. It provides an organizational update and an article on our non-custodial sentencing service. View it online HERE To download, right-click HERE and select ‘save link as’.
This article was co-authored by a NICRO social worker, Mariette Joubert, and published in LitNet Akademies Jaargang 9(3), Desember 2012.
Issue 28: Crime Statistics 2012
Issue 27: The High Cost of Prison
Issue 26: Developing Programmes That Work
Issue 25: Important Lessons Learned
Issue 24: Moments of Growth
NICRO has rendered non-custodial sentencing services in South Africa under DFID funding since 2008. This report covers the 2011 – 2012 period.
- A different view on punishment November 7, 2011
- Mike Batley Writes on the Bees Roux Case October 31, 2011
- NICRO: Forced to cut essential services November 24, 2011
- Analysis of cases diverted to NICRO programmes by courts 2009 – 2010 July 5, 2011
- The Development of an Accreditation System and Policy Framework for Diversion Services in South Africa July 5, 2011
- DFID Funded Non-Custodial Sentencing Project Reports November 28, 2013
- Poem by an Offender April 17, 2013
- Supporting Children Exposed to Violence in the Home April 10, 2013
- Criminal Behaviour Foundations:Training Programme April 5, 2013
- Poem for Someone Dear at Heart March 11, 2013